I work hands on, treating all kinds of musculoskeletal issues, in conjunction with tailored exercises and education. Ultimately, I want to help you to be able to help yourself.
We may look at posture, lifestyle, sleep, as well as levels of stress and exercise. We can, if you wish, look at blood sugar balance and discuss dietary adjustments to optimise your healing capacity and age appropriate nutritional requirements.
What we do:
- Manual therapy ( involves restoring mobility to stiff joints and reducing muscle tension in order to return the patient to more natural movement without pain. It includes soft tissue work, including massage)
- Low Intensity Laser Therapy
- Myofascial release and Trigger point release
- Neural tissue mobilisation
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)
- Dry cupping therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Birth preparation and dealing with problems after giving birth
- Experience treating children and babies
- Otago Exercise Practitioner for the elderly client
- Health coaching and nutritional advice
- Therapeutic exercises based on Pilates and restorative Yoga
- Home visits
- Emotional release techniques, visualisation, meditation
- What we treat:
- Musculoskeletal and occupationanl health
- Spinal Pain (Back/Neck/Mid-spine)
- Post-Op rehabilitation (Joint replacement, Ligament reconstruction etc.,)
- Sports Injuries
- Whiplash disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Soft tissue Sprain/Strain(Tendon, Ligament)
- Work related postural problems
- Joint, Muscle and Nerve related symptoms
I specialise in whiplash related neck and back issues and chronic headaches.
Sometimes there is a strong emotional component to the physical manifestation of a problem, due to stress or trauma. I believe this needs to be factored into your treatment. We then can combine Physiotherapy with Cranio-Sacral Therapy, visualisation , breathing or emotional release techniques.
We also want to help you age gracefully. I am a trained Otago Exercise Practitioner (OEP) , which is an evidence based strength and balance retraining program designed for elderly clients. This might be for you if you had a fall or begin to feel unsteady.